| All vehicles for
"personal use" are registered in this
office. Transport vehicles i.e. those used for hire
or reward are registered in the office of D.T.O.
The vehicles should be got registered with in a
period of seven days from the date of purchase.
The application (Form No.20) duly filled and signed
should be accompanied by the following documents:-
1. Form No.21 (Sale Certificate).
2. Form No.22 (Initial certificate of fitness).
3. Invoice (Bill issued by the dealer).
4. Self Declared Copy of insurance receipt.
5. Form No.60 (Declaration for Income Tax purposes)
It is required where the amount of bill is above
6. Proof of residence such as attested copy of
voter list,Photo Identity card, Ration Card, Electricity/Telephone
bill, LIC policy, Passport, Pay slip,House Tax
The vehicles are required to be produced before
the District Inspector of Police, Panchkula for
inspection before submitting the documents in
the office of S.D.M. Vehicles are registered for
15 years and lump sum tax is charged at the time
of registration. The fees charged for different
vehicles are as under:-